KIRBY MUXLOE ROAD WORKS UPDATE
DESFORD ROAD & RATBY LANE, KIRBY MUXLOE
Leicestershire County Council Highways has agreed to a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order at the above location.
The duration of the restriction is not anticipated to exceed a period of 7 weeks commencing on the 25/10/2021 until the 28/11/2021 then the 10/01/2022 until the 21/01/2022.
01/11/2021 - a further update on the current situation regarding the road closure on Desford Road/Ratby Lane and the subsequent impact this has had on Main Street.
Due to the nature of the developer led works currently being undertaken and in particular the extent of the excavations required in the carriageway a full road closure has been required. It would not be safe to undertake these works under temporary traffic signals or any other temporary traffic management operation.
Leicestershire County Council are working with both the Developer and their Contractor to try and improve the signing that was implemented for the road closure on the 25th October to mitigate HGVs using Main Street as a through route.
- A temporary no waiting restriction has been placed on Main Street, Kirby Muxloe to prevent vehicles parking on Main Street between the hours of 08:00-10:00 and 14:00-18:00. Following a week of warning notices being issued to vehicles parked in contravention of the temporary restrictions in Kirby Muxloe, from Wednesday 3rd November 2021 Civil Enforcement Officers will start to issue live penalties to any vehicle observed parked in contravention. Notices and signs are on site advising motorists of the restrictions.
- Leicestershire County Council have placed additional NO HGV signs at either end of Main Street, Desford Road, Kirby Muxloe and Desford Lane towards Ratby.
- Signal Traffic Management Company (the traffic management company employed by M & J Evans to implement the road closures and diversion signing) have put additional diversion signs out.
- Leicestershire Police have been notified of HGVs using Main Street as a cut through and of motorists moving temporary traffic management to access through the road closure. Leicestershire Police are monitoring the situation and will continue monitoring. I saw a police vehicle this morning on Main Street.
- Poundstretcher have notices on notice boards advising their drivers advising of the road closure – some HGVs going to and from Poundstretcher may not be their own vehicles.
- Additional 'No Waiting' cones are to be placed from the junction with Woodlands Lane to the roundabout at the junction with Ratby Lane.
- A Temporary 7.5 tonne weight restriction will be put in place from Poundstretcher on Desford Lane and from the roundabout east of Main Street (Blood Hill) to deter HGVs using this route. With this Temporary Traffic restriction and the correct signing in place, enforceable action could be taken by the police.
Posted: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 08:00 by Beverley Greenwood