Vacancies - PARISH COUNCILLOR
2 vacancies on the Parish Council.
Any person interested in filling these vacancies is asked to contact the Clerk to obtain an application form.
The council may co-opt any person who is legally qualified to hold such office, and who is willing to serve provided they are a British citizen, or a citizen of the Commonwealth or the European Union, and are neither the subject of a bankruptcy restriction order or interim order or have, within five years before the day of the election, been convicted in the United Kingdom of any offence and have had a prison sentence (whether suspended or not) for a period of over three months without the option of a fine. Provided the person also satisfies at least ONE of the following they may be apply.
- They are registered as a local government elector for the parish
- They have during the whole of the preceding twelve months occupied as owner or tenant, any land or premises in the parish
- Their principal or only place of work during the preceding twelve months has been in the parish
- They have during the whole of the preceding twelve months resided in the parish or within 4.8 km of it
- They must also be 18 years or older on the day they become nominated for election.
An application from persons wishing to serve as a councillor need to be submitted to the Parish Manager who will invite applicants to attend a meeting and make a short (3 -5 minutes) personal statement giving the reasons for being interested in joining the Parish Council and what particular set of skills and experience they feel they can bring to the role.
The Council meets once a month, normally on a Monday, for its main meeting at 7.30pm. Apart from sickness, attendance is expected at these meetings.
If you have any questions please telephone the Parish Manager, Beverley Greenwood on 0116 2312498
Application forms are available to download or alternatively please contact the Parish Manager.
- Application Form (PDF, 417 Kb)